1. Appearance: HPMC is white or similar to white fiber or granular powder; Odorless. 2. Fineness (Graininess) The oversize prod
HPMC Pharmaceutical grade
Chemical name: HPMC
Technical SpecificationsThe viscosity of HPMC is 2% water solution at 20°C.
1. Appearance: HPMC is white or similar to white fiber or granular powder; Odorless.
2. Fineness (Graininess) The oversize product above 100 mesh should be more than 98.5%,and 80 mesh should be more than 100%.
3. Carbonization temperature: 280-300°C.
4. Apparent density: 0.25-0.70g/cm3, density is1.26 g/cm3.- 1.31g/cm3.
5. Color temperature: 190-200°C
6. Surface tension:
7.With reduction of methoxyl groups content, HPMC is increased in gelling temperature and decreased in water solubility and surface activity.
8. Dissolving process HPMC will agglomerate when directly added to water and then dissolve. In this way it dissolves very slow and hard. Suggested methods as followers: 1. In hot water. HPMC does not dissolve in hot water. The primary HPMC can be uniformly disperse in hot water. Then cool down in two ways: 1) Add water in container to 1/3 or 2/3 of its content. Heated to over 70 centigrade add HPMC by sequence of 2). Make it disperse to form slurry state. Add cool water or ice to the resideual content, stir and cool down the mixture. 2. Powder combination. Mix HPMC with identical volume of other powder, disperses them sufficiently then add water to
Application It is widely used as emulgator, binder, thickener, stabilizing agent in food industry., it can also used as packing material.
In addition, it can be used as thickening agent, stabilizing agent, emulsifying agent, water-retaining agent, and film-forming agent in petrochemical industry, coating, building industry, ink printing industry, ceramics and cosmetics.
Packing and Delivery
1.Double-layer bag The product is packed in polyethylene film bag enclosed in composite film bag. Net weight is 25kgs per bag.
2. protect the product against humidity and moisture